Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Joan & Melissa

OK, I know I said I didn't think this show was gonna last because the first episode was "Bore-ing" (heavy on the "G"), but last night may have proved me wrong. 

I love Joan Rivers.  Yes I do.  What a fun Mom, lady, comedian, and business woman.  A little bit of a pushy Yidish-a-ma-ma-la, but her heart appears to be in the right place.  You just have to love a Mom who is pushing for her daughter to be on the cover of "Mom's Go Wild", producers of "Girls Gone Wild", etc.  Talk about "open-minded".

I laughed myself silly during the bathroom scene when Joan sneaks in a takes a photo, and later walking down the stairs when she is so proud she got the photo.  And there was lots of funny dialogue from Joan which really wasn't in the first episode.   You didn't miss much in the first episode as all she did was pack, move and look high and low for Edgar's (Joan's husband) ashes.  Turns out Joan was holding out.  There were also two other ashes floating around the house, one of which she could not remember who they belonged to.  Ech!

As a mom, I really loved Melissa's decision, (despite the money she would have received), to not do "Mom's Gone Wild" because of  the price tag that it would have cost her in the long run.  You're a good Mom Melissa.  If you're keeping track it's Melissa 2, Joan 0, if you add the furniture scene.  Don't even take me there.

Finally, some funny dialogue, mostly from Joan.  And at times you're not sure who the Mom really is.  Is it Joan, or is it Melissa.  I am not sure.  But I guess I will keep watching to find out.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment